Thursday, July 31, 2014 Register   
You are here:  Forums » Ask the Experts » Marine Health and Disease--fishes, inverts, and humans! » Xenia toxins  
MASNA4

Community
Xenia toxins
Last Post 02-11-2014 12:33 AM by jinjhon699. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Plankton
Role: Guest Member
Private Message Send Private Message

--
09-05-2010 08:35 PM

I heard you speak at MACNA today Christine and took your advice about posting about my personal encounter with the dangers in our tanks,

About ten years ago I was propagating vast quantities of xenia to support my aquarium addiction. I believe it was xenia elongota but I"m not strong on taxonomy.

One day while fragging several colonies I had an itch on the left side of my mouth. As humans usually do, I scratched the itch with my left (clean) hand. Didn't use my right hand because there was xenia slime all over that hand. Turns out there was xenia slime on the left hand as well. As anyone who has dealt with xenia knows, it smells horrible. I can attest to the fact it tasts even worse than it smells. After spitting out the slime and rinsing my mouth I proceeded with my fragging. My lip began to tingle and became numb, it was similar to the effect of novocain at the dentists. After about a half hour the entire left side of my mouth was numb and it was all I could do to keep from drooling. I decided to collect as many reef books as possible (My assumption was no Dr in the midwest would have any idea about coral reef poisoning.) and get to the ER. By the time I collected the information the numbness had begun to subside and a half hour later everything was back to normal. Well except for the fact I had developed a healthy respect for the dangerous toxins in my tanks.

Plankton
    Role:

--
    01-30-2014 10:49 PM
    O . K ., lets facial skin facts. We all like discounts. It doesnt problem what products peeks ones own interest within a given occasion, discount shopping is known as a favorite excrete time of a lot of. www.shopingguru.com
    Plankton
    Role:

--
    New new release internet understanding Indians at present spend too much effort online along with meet a majority of their hunting requirements considering the online family home shopping sites. www.shoppingwebsitesreviews.com
    Plankton
    Role:

--
    A number of banks contain certain loans furnished with specific individuals as their intended purpose. For example figuratively speaking, business funds and wedding event loans, . . .. Loans can be short term plus long words. A cash advance loan is without a doubt that variety of loan with a population of maturity amount of one to help you five quite a few years. On the additional hand, an extensive term loan along with extended time for installment. This time could stretch your muscles from three or more to 35 years. Mortgage and car loan are long run loans. www.shorttermloan101.com
    Plankton
    Role:

--
    For you to lose fats effectively, you should do cardio and you don't have way available it. Many wellness and fitness enthusiasts contain over looked beneficial cardio training session. www.stairmasterworkout.com
    Plankton
    Role:

--
    02-11-2014 12:33 AM
    The coins bought from our website are ordered via the online form. The form can be filled in by you and then is forwarded to our selling department. There the product code is verified and your parcel is packed according to the written order received by you. The pack is then dispatched to you at your doorstep. buy fifa coins
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3
    Syndicate   

Copyright 2013 MASNA   |  Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap
    All images and content © Copyright 2009 MASNA, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.